Elevating Quality of Life with Pet Rehabilitation in Hyde Park, IL
Our pets may be tougher than their size, but they can still be prone to life-limiting illness or injury, or have trouble recovering from surgery. Therefore we offer various rehabilitation and integrative therapies in Hyde Park to give pets a better quality of life.
Rehabilitation plays an invaluable role in helping pets recover from conditions and also return to a healthier, more energetic lifestyle. With our rehabilitation services, we help:
- Alleviate pain and inflammation
- Prevent muscle atrophy
- Improve and maintain motion
- Increase function and strength
- Improve your pet’s psychological state
Furthermore, we structure your pet’s rehabilitation program around their specific condition and lifestyle needs in order to achieve the best results.
Available Treatments and Modalities
- Cat and dog acupuncture: Rooted in Chinese medicine, acupuncture involves placing thin needles at various trigger points to release endorphins and produce a therapeutic effect. Acupuncture decreases pain and inflammation and can improve appetite.
- Chiropractic: Veterinary chiropractic involves manually adjusting the limbs, joints, and spine to increase movement, reduce pain, and prevent injury.
- Laser therapy for dogs and cats: Light energy interacts with the body’s cells to stimulate cell production. Laser therapy relieves pain, decreases inflammation, improves circulation, and accelerates the healing process.
- Active therapeutic exercises: Various guided exercises can improve mobility and reduce pain and stiffness. These include sit-to-stand, walking, stair climbing, balance board, and weight-shifting.
- Therapeutic ultrasound: This therapy uses high-frequency sound wave pulses to break down scar tissue, reduce pain and muscle spasms, improve circulation, and increase healing.
- Land treadmill: The land treadmill encourages patients to use an injured or surgically repaired limb and can help build muscle over time.
- Underwater treadmill: Many pets benefit from the water treadmill, which promotes greater joint flexibility, decreases joint pain, and enables patients to exercise with minimal discomfort. Muscle strength, endurance, and cardiovascular fitness also improve.
Rehabilitation Can Improve Your Pet's Wellbeing
Injuries, post-op recovery, and chronic diseases can limit your pet's mobility and affect their mental state. With integrative therapies and guided exercise, your pet will feel better both inside and out.
Our own Dr. Tatiane Rodrigues is both a Certified Rehabilitation Practitioner (CCRP) and Certified Veterinary Medical Acupuncturist (CVMA). If you believe that your pet might need treatment with our rehabilitation and integrative therapies, please let us know at (773) 324-4484. We can help you find the best treatments for your pet’s condition, lifestyle, and temperament.