Dog, Cat and Exotic Pet Boarding in Hyde Park
We're very happy to accommodate your pet as a boarding guest if you need to leave town for a few days! Our animal hospital at Stony Island Avenue welcomes dogs, cats, and exotic pets, while our 53rd Street location can house cats and exotics only. Whichever you end up choosing, your pet will be received and cared for with kindness and respect for their personal needs. It's hard to leave your pet behind while you travel, even for a short time. We know how that feels! That's why we work hard to create a welcoming, low-stress environment with daily monitoring by our kennel staff.
How We Care for Our Boarding Guests
Amenities are important. To keep our boarders happy, healthy, and cozy, we provide:
- A comfortable, climate-controlled environment
- Soft, clean bedding and blankets
- Daily supervision by our kennel staff
- Outdoor runs for dogs to exercise
- Kennels in a variety of sizes to accommodate everyone
- Medical care as needed
Along with the standard amenities, we can offer these extras (at added cost):
- Treadmill 'jog-a-dog' sessions
- Additional walks
- Deluxe boarding in a spacious, solo kennel
- Kitty playtime sessions
- 'Buddy boarding' for bonded pairs
Items to Bring with your Pet
To ensure that all items are returned to you when you come to pick up your pet, we recommend bringing items in a labeled bag. We also encourage you to bring the following items:
- Your pet's food in a tightly sealed container with your pet's name and feeding instructions attached.
- Current medications in their original containers with your pet's name and instructions for dispensing written somewhere on them.
- Parasite preventives if your pet is scheduled for them during their stay.
- An item that smells of home, such as a blanket, towel, or old shirt, is always welcome.
Please call us if you have questions about boarding your exotic pet. We do require that they come with their own enclosure, food, and medications. Whether you board a cat, dog, bird, or exotic pet with us, we want them to be well prepared for their stay.
Health and Safety Requirements
To keep our guests comfortable and healthy, we need to maintain a healthy environment. Therefore, dogs and cats should be up-to-date on the following:
- Rabies, DHLPP and Bordetella vaccinations
- Negative stool sample within the last year
- Rabies and FVRCP vaccinations
- Negative stool sample within the year
Please allow about 30 minutes for check-in time. All boarders are examined by a veterinarian when they arrive, as we want to make absolutely sure that they're healthy and parasite-free. If you have questions, concerns or requests, please let us know. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding during this procedure.